What do we mean by 'your' data?
'Your data' means any information about you which is personally identifiable, including, without limitation, your name, address, telephone numbers, email address, user name, password, comments, personal descriptions, photos and other information from which you can be identified and which you may disclose to us.
When do we collect your data?
- register on this website
- post an entry, message or comment on this website
- make a complaint or enquiry or provide other feedback whether to other users or to us through this site
- choose to disclose your data to us through our website or any other point.
How do the site administrators use your data?
We use your data to:
- monitor, develop and improve this website
- administer your registration as a user of the website
- process and deal with any complaints or enquiries made by or about you
- monitor and investigate any suspected breach of this website's Terms and Conditions or House Rules.
Please note that although we do not monitor or vet entries and communications placed on or sent via this website, we do reserve the right to randomly check, amend, edit or remove information or data on the website that comes to our attention and is in breach or potentially in breach of our Terms and Conditions or House Rules; and we may ask carefully selected third parties to undertake such activities for us.
Will this site's administrators pass your data to third parties?
This site administrators may pass your data to other people as follows:
- Your user name will be visible on this website against any entries that you post and this will be the identity by which you are known on the website and will therefore be available to any other users of the website. We strongly recommend that you do not use your full name or disclose any other personal details about yourself that you do not want to be visible and available to the public.
- To our employees, agents and partners to administer this website now or in the future.
- In some cases we may use a technical partner to conduct some processing of your data on our behalf in providing the services and website, but this is always subject to strict contractual control.
- Some general statistical information about the website's database, user patterns, traffic volumes and related matters may be passed on to reputable third parties but these details will not include information personally identifying you.
- We may disclose your data to the police, regulatory bodies or legal advisers, your parents, teacher or legal guardian in connection with any alleged criminal offence or suspected breach of the Terms and Conditions by you.
Always think carefully before disclosing your data or other information to other site members or posting your data on this website. It is important that you are aware that any of your data or other information which you choose to disclose on the website may then be viewed and even used by other users. As stated in the Terms and Conditions this site's administrators have no control over the contents of communications made between users although you can make a complaint about another user as detailed in our Terms and Conditions.
You must respect the privacy of others and you should not disclose any personal details about other people that may be misleading or cause them harm or offence. It is your responsibility to obtain their prior permission in respect of any mention of them where relevant.
Other than in the circumstances outlined above we will not provide your data to any third party without your consent or unless we are required to do so by law.
This site's administrators endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your data. All data collected by us is stored on a secure server. The secure server software encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us.
For more information on cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information provided by the Interactive Advertising Bureau.
Third party information
Information you contribute to this website may well be supplemented with information from other users. This collaborative building of data is a fundamental concept of this website.
Access to and updating your data
You may access and update your data by selecting 'view your profile' you must make sure that you update your data as soon as possible with any and all relevant changes.
Please be aware that this website may link to other sites, which may be accessed by you through our site. We are not responsible for the data policies, content or security of these linked websites.
The Chinese Digital Community wishes to acknowledge that the content on this page has been adapted from a similar page on Kete Horowhenua.